Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Waiting Game.

        In a little over a month, I'll be leaving for my new home: Belgium. I found out about Rotary last year, and decided to go out on a limb and try it. I quickly fell in love with exchange and, after about 6 weekends and numerous exchange students friends, I'm here. Though this process happened quickly, I realize that this next month will be the slowest month of my life.
        In June, I found out about my host-city, school, and my first host family. Recently, I've been talking with host sister and learning as much as I can about my future home. I was able to speak with my host parents on skype about a week ago (an amazing, yet incredibly scary conversation in French, with some gesturing to help understanding). I can't wait. Everyone I've talked to has seemed so KIND.
         I'll be living in Rixensart, a smaller city about 20 km south of Brussels. I will be attending the Athenee Royal "Maurice Careme". It is about a few kilometers away from my home, in a city called Wavre.
         I just came back from my final Orientation weekend, and I'm so ready to start this adventure! So, currently all I have to do is study French, hang out with Ohio friends as much as I can, and simply wait. And wait. And wait.

And here's an informational video to help you understand more about Belgium!

A bientot
~Q

No comments:

Post a Comment